Why To Choose Us?
We have a long history of consulting in the power electronics arena. We provide comprehensive expertise in power electronics design, modeling, and simulation across a wide range of industries and applications (e.g., medical devices, aerospace & defense, automotive, renewable energy).
Along with this we offer unique levels of expertise that go beyond data, such as industry standards and standards compliance, design of experiments (DOE) techniques to optimize performance for specific application needs (e.g., model predictive control), and power quality analysis for compliance with international standards (IEC 61000).
Our consulting capabilities spans the range from semiconductor device
manufacturing support to applications of these devices in products where the power levels are extremely low to the highest power and voltage levels found in electric utility systems. Our experience can be applied to a number of different topics such as:
- Insulated gate bipolar transistors (IGBTs)
- Solar cells
- Diodes including silicon carbide diodes
Low Power Applications
- Power supplies for computers
- Charge adapters for portable computing devices
- Cell phone power supplies and charge adapters
- Uninterruptible power supplies
Medium Power Applications
- Variable speed motor drives in transportation and industrial applications
- Hybrid vehicles
- Solar panels
- Wind turbines
- Battery storage systems
High Power Applications
- Power quality systems
- Reactive power compensation for utility systems
- Load flow control in electric power transmission systems
- High voltage direct current (HVdc) systems